Many charities call railway arches home and as part of our commitment to creating positive economic and social impact in arch communities, we will donate some of our vacant spaces to charities to use on a temporary basis.
The Arch Company is committed to creating a positive economic and social impact in the communities surrounding our spaces. As a part of this commitment, we offer some of our vacant spaces to charities and community groups for free on a temporary basis– up to a twelve-month period.
Examples of this include donating storage space in railway arches to support foodbanks and, during Covid-19, providing space to the NHS to deal with the fallout from the pandemic.
How to apply:
If you are a charity or not-for-profit community group looking for temporary space, and the following criteria apply to you, please contact us on email@example.com to see if we can help:
- You are a registered UK Charity or not-for-profit community group
- You are looking for a letting on a temporary basis (up to a maximum of 12 months). Please note that you will need to vacate at the end of the pre-agreed temporary period
- The vacant space you will be taking on is not under offer or is unlikely to be let in the near future. This will be determined by our Lettings team, who will be able to advise on this on a case-by-case basis.
Terms & Conditions
Whilst we will not charge rent for these spaces, you will be required to enter our standard tenancy agreement. There are also associated costs to be aware of – some of which we will offer further support towards. Please find payment terms outlined below:
- You will be required to pay a deposit
- You will be liable for all other outgoings (e.g. utilities, service charge, insurance, repair and business rates if applicable)
- We will contribute to the upfront costs of any letting transaction up to a maximum of £1000 plus VAT. This should cover the standard costs for the tenancy agreement, but not a more complicated lease
- You will be expected to keep the property in repair, and to return it in the same condition at the end of the tenancy period
Please note that you must comply with planning use for any rental. The majority of our spaces are suitable for light industrial, storage and distribution, with retail use a relatively small proportion of our property portfolio.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not meet the criteria above, or you would like to rent space on a long-term basis at a commercial rate, please find a list of our available properties here